FAQ 常見問題

Search & Contact

We would like to shoot our wedding/engagement photo in Japan, how do we start the process?
Reach us via our contact form along with a date, a photograher and/or locations of your favor. (If you have not decided and have only an idea, just contact us!!) We will respond by email. Once you decided the date, a photographer and locations, we will send a contract for you to sign and return with a deposit.


How do we book a photographer?
All dates are reserved once we receive your signed contract and deposit.
How much do we need to deposit? And what is your payment schedule?
The deposit is ¥200,000 for the estimation with over ¥1,000,000, and ¥100,000 or 20% of the estimation (whichever is the less) if the estimation is less than ¥1,000,000. The rest of the fee to be paid at least 2 weeks before your session / wedding day.
What payment options are available?
We accept payment through bank transfer and PayPal. Please let us know if you would like to make a payment with other payment methods. Also please burden any money transfer fee at your expense.
What does a session cost?
It depends on how you want to shoot, so please feel free to contact us.
Can we pay part of the amount after the session?
We require full payment before the session.
If we cancel the wedding, will we receive our deposit back?
Unfortunately no. Deposits are used to reserve your date. Once we have reserved your date, we do not accept new clients for your date.
How far should we book in advance?
Typically 3 months in advance is the best timing especially for cherry blossoms and autumn leaves.

Photo Session

What do you do if it rains on the session day?
Our photograpers easily adapt to any situation. We see rain as a fun, adventurous twist that usually brings laughter and spontaneity. However, if a storm, a typhoon, an earthquake or such an inevitable accident happens and the session should not be implemented, we can change the date without any extra charge. In this case, we make a judgement by two days before the session. We cannot accept a cancellation and refund because of bad weather.
What to wear for the session?
You can wear whatever you want. You can bring in your favorite dress or we can help you arranging Kimono. If you have any question, please let us know.
Is there a style or quality difference among the photographers?
We guarantee that the quality and style of photography you receive will be consistent. However, each photographer has their forte, you can find right one for you by taking a look at their profiles. Also they do tailor their shooting style and techniques to the clients requests. For example, some clients may prefer a light and airy look while others may prefer dramatic lighting and shadows.
Can family and/or friends accompany us to a photo session?
You will be moving around and doing some on the move shots as well, so it is best to keep it as simple as possible. Please let us know in advance if you plan to bring your family and/or friends with you on the session day.
What happens if we go over the contracted amount of time?
We understand that not everything goes as planned during a session. We never pack up before the contracted time; and moreover we are not leaving on the dot when the contracted time is up. Instead, we will ask you at the end of your contracted time whether or not you would like to extend. If you would like us to stay, we will charge the rates specified in your contract rounded to the closest 30-minute increment.
Can we schedule our photo session for the weekend?
It depends on the photographer. Because most weddings occur on weekends, our photographers typically do not shoot engagement sessions on weekends. If you can only do your engagement session on a weekend, we can tentatively schedule your engagement session on a weekend, however, there are less photographer options for you to choose from. We also like to shoot on weekdays because locations are typically less crowded.
Do you shoot video?
Yes, of couse!


When can we expect to see our photos?
Your photos will generally be ready within four weeks following the session. If you require the images to be completed prior to four weeks after the date of the shoot, a rush-process fee will be charged. At that time, your online gallery will be made available for you and all your friends and family to see.
Do we get to keep the negatives? Do we receive the raw, unedited files?
We only provide the selected, edited high-resolution digital files (the digital equivalent of negatives). The raw, unedited files aren't available for viewing or purchase. This is very much like asking your caterer to give you the leftover ingredients used to make your dinner! The images selected for editing and final delivery.
Do you offer albums?
Yes! Please ask us.


Will you post our photographs online?
We certainly hope so. Your photos will be a great recomendation for the couples choosing our service.
We are planning to have our wedding ceremony in Japan. Can you help us?
Yes, we can plan your wedding ceremony in Japan, too!! Please feel free to contact us.
We are going to take our photographer from our home country. Would you arrange everything besides a photographer?
It depends on the condition, so please contact us first.
Do you shoot a family portrait besides a wedding photo?
It depends on the condition, so please contact us first.
We are planning to marry in Japan. What procedures should we follow?
If you both are not Japanese nationals and wish to marry in Japan, you can do so in accordance with the law of Japan, where you both reside. To do so, you must register your marriage at the family register section of you city office. Each of you must submit a certificate of legal capacity to contract marriage together with its Japanese translation. Ask your embassy or consulate general for the certificates. Once your marriage registration is accepted by your city office, you will be legally married under the Japanese law. However, it would be advisable you ascertain beforehand from the embassy or consulate whether marriage registered under the Japanese law is valid in your country. Your marriage registration certificate will be kept in your municipal office for 50 years.

If both of you hail from the same country, you may also be able register your marriage at your embassy or consulate general in accordance with the legal formalities of your own home country. If you and your partner do not share the same nationality, you may be able to follow the formalities of either of your country. However, some countries do not provide marriage registration service at their overseas consulate generals, so please check them in advance. Marriage between foreign nationals registered under the law of their country needs not to be reported to a Japanese municipality.